Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello

Hello all.  Hope life is going well wherever in the world you are.  Things in Germany are going really well.  Spring appears to be upon us, as the last few days have been in the high 50's and may even have reached 60, with lots of sunshine.  It feels good to go outside not bundled up.  The last couple weeks here have been good. Nothing too out of the ordinary. We had a lead training, which means our student leaders and us got together and did trainings, watched a movie, and had an overnighter. It was a lot of fun. Only got 45 minutes of sleep before getting up for church, but it was well worth it. Had some fantastic conversations. 

Last weekend was filled primarily with basketball watching.  I love the ncaa tournament.  It is tough here though, because so many of the games come on so late, or rather earlyin the morning.  I stayed up until 530 in the morning to watch Michigan State lose.  It was unfortunate. What was fun though was I was on skype w/ my sister, Cristina and Bethany, who are in Washington d.c. and Grand Rapids, and we were all watching the game "together". What was really funny, slash annoying, was that my video was 30 seconds behind theirs, so I would hear their reactions, and hen be waiting to see what the reactions were too. Mostly funny, sometimes annoying, but I really enjoyed being able to do that with them.

This weekend I have decided to take a quick little trip.  I am heading out in a couple hours to dive down to Vicenza, in Italy, with some club beyond staff people from other bases, and then we are going to go to Venice.  Just a relaxing trip spending time with friends. I am really looking forward to it. 

On the way down I think I am going to listen to Rob Bell's nw book. Even out here in Germany I have heard all about it. I want to hear it for myself before making any judgements. 

I will write again after I return and let you know about the very exciting next couple of months coming up, which are going to be crazy busy and challenging but should be amazing.     

1 comment:

  1. check out kevin deyoungs review of bells book. link on my fb. :)

    ReplyDelete