Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back..and tired

Hello all. We are back from Winter Blitz, and it was at the same time awesome/exhausting/fun/painful/and almost any other adjective you wan't to throw in there.  The location of the week was amazing. It is easily in my top 10 most amazing places I have ever been, and I have seen quite a few things for my 25 years.  The resort was up in the mountains, with a number of ski lifts that were immediately behind the hotel. It's nice and convenient when you end a run down the mountain at your hotel.  I tried snowboarding for the first time in my life, and it was.....interesting. I showed a lot of improvement from the first to the last day, but then went on a run much above my skill level and took some pretty good falls.  I am fairly certain I broke my rib on one of them.  Not a lot of fun, but it's not a huge inconvenience.

We had a speaker come from Oakland, John Smith, and the music and work crew were all from Oakland as well.  They did a really good job of presenting the gospel and making themselves available to talk to the teens. 

This has to be a short post, I have little time.  I will post more on Winter Blitz soon, and will put some pics up on facebook that you guys can take a look at.  I am heading out today to the other side of Germany to spend the night at a fellow club beyond persons house in Spangdahlem, then tomorrow flying to England, meeting up with 3 more staff people (2 from england and one from Italy) and then we are all heading to Scotland for a few days.  Spending a week in Austria snowboarding may sound like a relaxing time, but it was absolutely everything but. Great time, but exhaisting and stressful.  So a long weekend in Scotland is much needed, and not trying to toot my own horn but I feel it is much deserved. I am spent in every way, physically, emotionally, spiritually, from last week, just gave everything I had, so I need some time away.

So in the next post, look for stories from Winter Blitz and also from Scotland.  Man, I love living in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment