Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

I want to wish everyone who reads this a very Merry Christmas.  It is Christmas night here in Germany, and I am about to hed off for bed, but wanted to post a message real quick.  My Christmas was uneventful. Christmas Eve I went to chapel, then to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader afterwards. The other 5/6 of my family happened to be watching the same movie on the other side of the ocean at the exact same time, so I thought that was kind of cool.  I then watched It's a Wonderful life, a family tradition every Christmas Eve. I searched for 3 or 4 hours earlier this week to find a copy and was saved by one of my high school club kids who let me borrow a copy. It seems little, but being able to keep that tradition even though I am thousands of miles from my family made a hue difference for me.  I then woke and made my families usual Christmas brunch of scrambled eggs, bacon, and instead of stick buns (which I don't know how to make) I bought some monkey bred.  Another one of those little things that goes a long way.  I then spent the day relaxing, resting, and packing for the trip coming up.

We leave tomorrow morning, way to early for Winter Blitz. I will be getting there around 530 to the chapel to get things prepared to head to Austria.  We will be there for 5 days of skiing/snowboarding/sledding. sightseeing and lots of fellowship time and hearing from a speaker about God. This is a tremendous ministry opportunity and I cherish prayers for the students who are going.  We have a lot of unbelievers going and it is a great chance for the to learn more.

I will poat an update when I return, hopefully with some great stories to share.  MerryChristmas again, and I hope your holidays are a joyful and relaxing time spent w/ family and friends, and remembering the greatest gift the world has ever received.  God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. merry christmas josiah! I definitely watched It's a Wonderful Life after church last night. It's my new tradition. I blame the Walcotts for getting me hooked on that movie. :)
    Funny storytime - I went over to mg's house this morning, and gretchen woke up isaac and said, Guess who's here? Ike - I don't know. Gretchen said, auntie ker. and Isaac's response, is Josiah and the other guy (Caleb) here? :]

    ReplyDelete