Wednesday, October 27, 2010

tears and travels

No, the tears are not mine. Nor am I certain what they were all about. Last Saturday I served as a chaperone to the Vilseck High School homecoming dance. For those counting at home, this is the same number of homecomings I went to while I was in High School myself. I am not a real big fan of dances. but I did enjoy this one. I worked in the coat check area, so I was able to talk to a lot of students who I didn't know before (some of whom I saw on Tuesday at school lunch who talked to me again there.) Throughout the night, one of the more common occurences were the high school girls coming out of the dance hall in tears. Not sure the exact number, but it was definitely enough to be noticed. Ah, the strong emotions of high school and the possible pain/feelings like it's the end of the world at having your heart broken.

The travels part is about me. I am heading out tomorrow to the other side of germany for a staff conference/training. I am at the same time both really looking forward to meeting all of my fellow staff members that I have not met yet and slightly apprehensive about the potential for this to be a touch overwhelming. More so the excited part. I am really looking forward to seeing the staff that I have already met at other trainings and seeing them for the first time since I have been in Europe. I would appreciate prayers for safe travels and a good experience and the opportunity to learn a lot during the trainings. I will be returning on the 5th of november, so do not expect an update to the blog before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment